Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
SUVs and large truck thoughts and opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbunafan
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive a full-sized pickup. One morning I was turning left where there was no green arrow (and there needs to be one Mad ), and the light turned yellow so I had to go. Now I know people are going to run the yellow light, so I am sitting there saying "yep, keep on going." Long into the yellow light they finally seem to be stopping. I was keeping my eye on the car turning right, because the ones turning usually will keep on going. The light turns red (I wasn't looking at it, but witnesses say it was clearly red) and I start turning. Then I see this dark green car with no headlights come flying up at me. I slammed on the brakes because there was no escape. I had to take the hit. The truck jolted back and smashed up the front of the car behind me. The airbags went off and everything. The only injuries I got were a couple scrapes on my hand. To shorten things up a bit no one was hurt bad, even the person in the car that hit me. If I had been in a small car, that would have sucked, I imagine.
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything I say SUV's are safer in an accident. I drive a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and last year I was rear-ended by a fiberglass Kia. ( on highway goin' 75 mph, all traffic in my lane screeches to a stop, dog in road, I stop with room to spare the truck directly behind me swirved and scraped my side, But the dork behind him wasn't paying attention and Hit me after waking up 20 feet from my bumper) Anyway I wasn't hurt nor was my passenger (soar yes, hurt no) but the people in the Kia that hit me both filled out injury claims after. Their Vehicle was Totaled and my Jeep only had about $1600 in damage.(mostly Bumper and Trailer Hitch). My mom and sister both drive Honda Civic TYPE cars, have both been in accidents, and both got wiplash plus other minor injuries. Crying or Very sad

So saftey wise, I say SUV's NOT made or fiberglass, But My Jeep also has a Full Roll Cage and most SUV's don't, so I'll take Jeep Wrangler (or older versions) over Anything. Very Happy
ace869
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)10:04    Post subject: my perspective Reply with quote

This was a great discussion.

I fully understand the cost of the 6000 lb navigator that I purchased when Our president passed the law allowing ant vechicle over 6000 lbs to be a tax write off and the 63 dollars it takes to fill my tank every time. But as a citizn who pays over 30000 in income tax every year and who has 4 kids my vechicle is perfect for long trips and comfortable driving around town.
That being said as americans we have the freedom to choose and those who shose the large suv are entitled. There are those who dislike abortion and those who dislike gas guzzlers and those who dislike taxes. There are numerous things to dislike in this world I like to focus on the things I like. Ie.. Golf family and my fish tank

John
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to: