Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Yeesh! Probably the WORST lfs employee I've ever met (RANT)
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)11:12    Post subject: Yeesh! Probably the WORST lfs employee I've ever met (RANT) Reply with quote

This isn't a kid, this guys at least in his late forties and has been in the trade for a real long time. At least as far back as I can remember anyways. He also has plenty of his own tanks at home, some of which, are quite impressive. So great, a guy who KNOWS fish.
We just got back from the pet store, my husband was looking at a lionfish and for a few moments we toyed with the idea of converting my freshwater into a saltwater. We've decided against it, by the way, but the guy overheard us talking and approached us.
"Yeah, it would be tough" my husband says.
"Oh, nah! You just get a bag of that instant ocean over there." says lfse.
"But won't we need to change filters?" I asked.
"Oh, no, no". says lfse.
"So then you're saying all we need to do is put in some sand and instant ocean?" I asked.
"Well, there's a bit more to it than that, but, basically, yeah." says lfse.
"How long would it need to cycle?" Asked my husband (he's learning!)
"Cycle? Oh, no cycle, no, you just set it up and after a couple days come up here and get a couple of these damsels. That'll cycle it for you." says lfse.
"But I bet it would take a lot of maintenance." Says my husband.
"Oh, no, see, I gotta 180g. saltwater at home, I don't do NOTHIN to it, NOTHIN! Tell you what, I'm looking to sell mine..."
He then proceeded to follow us all around the store with pictures of his personal tank, trying to sell it to us. He became such a nuiscance, we had to leave and I never did get to look at the pumps. Good greif! Bad advise, AND bad manners! I'm never going back to that place! Shame too, they have a lot of cool fish, but there's other places to go.
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you win... employees trying to sell you something on the side after giving questionable advice wins the prize.

Almost tempting to phone the manager and report the situation...
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.20(Wed)16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think he might BE the manager! He's worked there for atleast a decade. The other employees could see he was making us uncomfortable, I kept looking at them hoping they would call him off, a couple looked at him nervously but they weren't about to say anything to him.
FishAddict85
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.10(Tue)7:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious? That's awesome! Laughing But you shouldn't stop goingthere because of something so stupid like that. I mean, really? But hey that's just me. Now if it happened over and over again then yeah. It was just once...come on. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: