Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Help Clownfish
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)21:12    Post subject: Help Clownfish Reply with quote

OK my clown is looking bad. he hasn't been eating much but I wasn't too worried because he didn't seem to be starving as he didn't get any thinner. anyways today I have an oh so fun flu/virus and I just woke up feeling sick and looked at my clown. to my horror he dosen't look too good.

here are his sypmtoms:

discolouration bellow head. coloured a dark green.
rubbing/scratching this area against a rock.
not eating

I will test pH asap. also I feel really stupid but due to the small size of the tank and the fact a good amount of evap happens daily I often top off with water straight from the tap. also a dieing zoo colony hasn't been removed but I have been cleaning it outside the tank then rinsing it off then putting it back in to save the only coraline algae in the tank. I am going to remove it also. I am also going to do a water change asap. also all top off water will be done with tap water mixed with a "ager"(chlorine remover ect ect ect).

I am also posted a simular topic at www.reefcentral.com and soon I will post another simular topic at www.masa.asn.au/rtaw'

I feel like a complete moron, I only hope the little fella lives.

andrew
2 winged demons
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

just tested the pH and it is between 8.0 and 8.5. now going to procede with water change and removeal of dead zoo colony.

andrew
2 winged demons
DanG
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the other water paramaters at? Salinity, ammonia, nitrates and nitrites? Has there been a spike of some sort?
SLACkra
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

salinity is at 1.024 though this morning it was around 1.0255. since this morning I have done a water change and topped off using aged freshwater. I am right now testing my ammonia and nitrites. though I will be getting new ammonia, nitrite and nitrate tests as I am unsure about the acuracy of my kits and I don't have a nitrate test kit at the moment. acording to my current nitrite test kit the nitrite levels are undetectable.

on the up side I haven't seen my clown rub against the rock like he was this morning.

andrew

edited:

also my ammonia levels are undetectable too.
2 winged demons
 Forum Index > Marine Fishes and Corals All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: