Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Jebo filters
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hasi
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)7:07    Post subject: Jebo filters Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experience with Jebo canister filters?

I have a 810 that pumps 900lph and is excellent value for money so far. Extremely quiet and easy to put together and maintain. Cleaning is simple aswell and tons of room for media, they come with all piping and media.

Reason I ask is that I want to setup an oscar tank and want a good filter but as a student I am struck for cash and can't afford names such as Ehiem. I want to get another Jebo that turns over 1200lph for a 125 gal tank and a HOB filter probably a emperor 400 or penguin 330.

Any comments? Would just like other peoples experience with these filters
piranha
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.04(Wed)19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 828.These are the specs from the box:1200 L/P/H,thats around 317 G/P/H. For tanks 55-125 gallons,uses 25 watts,4 stage(media baskets).I'm using it for 4 months and like yourself and all the many aquarists I've spoken to that own them,we all are very satisfied.They're quiet,very efficient,reliable.Parts and supplies easily obtainable from the superfishstore.com if ever needed. The complaints from the complainers are nozzles that don't swivel(hoses are long enough,who needs them),hoses that kink( mine are holding up very well).There are those that like wasting their money so they can be proud to say "I own eheim"and let companies like these sell their products way overpriced and not have to be competitive.I paid $59.00 for mine,a third of the cost of the comparable Pro 2. You could always get both an Aquaclear 500 and a Jebo 828 and be way ahead of the game with filtration expenses.
Dynamic
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 1200Lph version. It is fairly quiet, The hoses that came with mine are very kink resistant. I've had it for 6 months now and I've been very happy with it.

The only fault I can see in it is the primer does'nt seem to work for me Sad . That may be just the way I have it setup though.

Also I get some kind of slime that looks like mold on the inside of the hoses. I was wondering what other people do to clean them.
h4l
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.07(Sat)19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the slime in the hoses also, usually when I change the media I take the hoses out of the tank and blast 'em with the hose to get rid of all the gunky stuff stuck on the inside.

Normally I would'nt bother, but once after cleaning my filter a whole lot of the gunk shot into the tank, it took me 15mins to fish the majority of it out! Smile
Hasi
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.08(Sun)2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good to hear, these are good priced filters and I now have confidence to purchase another one.

I get the slime in the hoses too, mine seems to be turning brownish but I will clean them out once in a while..

Last edited by Hasi on 2005.05.09(Mon)22:43; edited 1 time in total
piranha
Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.09(Mon)19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primer button will only work if the filter is almost completely filled with water.You can get tubing brushes as long as 4 feet that will easily take care of dirty inlet/outlet tubes.BigAlsnoline.com has the long Fluval tubing brush for $2.19 .DrsFosterandSmith.com has the Flexibrush,48" long for $3.39 Go Jebo!
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: