Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Relations between fish and other pet we have!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flurry
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.30(Sat)12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cat doesn't really pay a whole lot of attention to my tank, unless she's lying on my bed, then she watches them. But once, she saw my betta in the bottom corner of my tank, and she pounced at it... but that's about it. My catfish always hide when I come into the room =P
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.05(Thu)1:19    Post subject: Cat swimming in the tank!!! Reply with quote

Water was cloudy, filter was full of dirt. My brother and I decided to start a big cleaning job. I went to get equipments from another room.and he left the room too. Then we both heard a splash from the aqua room and ran. Everywhere,the walls,the carpet etc. were wet and the cat is running like wet rat.And there is a turbulence in the aquarium.My bro' came beside the tank and started to count the fish. 1,2,3,4,... it went like that but one is missing sh*t. Calvus is not there. He looked and looked then calvus came across from the rocks. we took a deeeeep breath.

Lesson:Get your cat out while cleaning the tank!!!
goldfish125girl
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.05(Thu)8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 125 gallon with large 8"-12" fancy goldfish, and all three of my cats are so used to it they never even look at it. My friends dog though sat infront of the tank for hours.
ozozo
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.05.06(Fri)6:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

to goldfish125girl;
Laskey said:
Quote:
We figure that it's because their behavior resembles that of the prey cats are used to--like mice or other small rodents, which hide and peek out from behind things. Incidentally, I notice that while playing with my cats, they're not interested in a toy unless it's partially "hiding" from them (poking out from behind a door or piece of furniture). It might be programmed into the cats to tune into prey that behave a certain way.

as you know, goldfish don't hide under rocks. just swim around, eat.(I hate goldfish!!) So I think there's no reason for your cat to be interested in them. The cat can't smell or touch them.so how can it understand that they are fish? I think mine thinks them as a toy, not fish.
 Forum Index > Aqua Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: