Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
This makes me sick :-(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaffe wrote:
Personally I think a lot of problems are caused by 'humanising' animals that couldn't be further from human.

And while not condoning or supporting fish, cock or dog fighting, humans are just exploiting instincts that are natural for these creatures. Just as humans have exploited more 'benificial' or should I say 'constructive' instincts in horses, dogs, falcons, etc for riding, herding, hunting, etc.

Oh, please.... Cockerels do not fight in reality. Any animals will avoid confrontation if they can, and so should we with them...
Kideafish
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huntress wrote:
LOL Kidea. You are living proof that once someone realizes that I am being direct and just don't waste time with platitudes and state my opinion and advice as concisely as possible, then you realize I am not being egotistical or high and mighty and we end up getting along. Smile Laughing

Quite, Huntress...
As an advisor myself on our UK website for the last six months or so I realize that there are some people there that really do just like to argue even if they haven't really got a clue what they are on about.
People really need to realise that people will get irate over certain issues, just like me and you on this issue.
I do not brag to be a fish master but I do know quite a bit about tropical fish and only wish to pass on good advice, which is hopefully what we all want to do.
Huntress really is a real nice person who is honest and dedicated to the site. I have been a member for quite a long time now and read a lot of her feedback which should be heeded by those who ask for help. If you ask for help, why ignore it when given, this is a problem that occurs quite a bit on this site and so the advisors and mods do get frustrated.

Anyway, I truly believe that you all love to debate with Huntress most of the time, it makes the site more exciting !!!!!!!!

Good Luck to you all

Loving my waterbabies ! Are you ?

Last edited by Kideafish on 2005.04.28(Thu)12:14; edited 2 times in total
TheVillageIdiot
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.28(Thu)11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read this novel, but quite simply... intentionally creating an environment in which two animals will fight to the death for your entertainment is SICK. There is no defense for that type of behavior, there's no excuse for it. Live feeding is far different from a useless killing in which neither species benefits from the other's death. I personally don't like live feeding, but in some cases, it's a necessity...

okay, I'm done...
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to: