Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Comet Goldfish - pH?
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.21(Thu)7:25    Post subject: Comet Goldfish - pH? Reply with quote

I've decided to get some comet goldfishes for my pond, information on the web varies as far as pH requirements, but most indicate they need a rather high pH. My normal tap water has a pH of 7.6, well within the comfort zone... But I put my pond beneath an oak tree because I built it for some pink kissers (which I may still get).
Should this be a problem for the comets if I get them? I wonder how much the oak tree will affect the pH of the pond? Does anyone know the pH range for comets?
Huntress
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.21(Thu)7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comets can live and thrive in pretty much any water. I've seen them in pons from 6.2-8.6 and not have the difference affect them in the least.
ACE
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.22(Fri)14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most goldfishes including comets do well in a wide range of pH , but a pH between 6.8 and 7.2 is an ideal range , especially with eggs or young fry if breeding is in the works for the near future.Goldfish seem to do better in moderately hard water over soft water too.I've personally kept many goldfish / koi species in this pH range and had much success in both pond and indoor settings.Stability in water perimeters over the long term is key to successfully keeping goldfish healthy and happy.

ACE
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: