Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Strange Question
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.05(Tue)19:12    Post subject: Strange Question Reply with quote

At least I think so. Can I use junk mail CD's in the tank? or do you think there might be something toxic in/on them(aside from the AOL name stamped all over Very Happy )
GothicAvatar96
Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shouldnt be anything on them that would leach into the water column , However if you plan on doing anything like that just make sure you clean them first. Or let them sit in a little water overnight just to be safe . Also take into consideration the possible stress on your fish . As you open windows, or turn on lights, aquarium or room whatever the case may be . The disk will reflect sharp beams of light into your fishes eyes triggering panic. Think of a large barracuda, bass, arowana,. And how they "flash" there scales in the sun when they turn on there sides to strike or move. This could possibly cause jumping into the hood and lights , crashing into walls of tank . or worse onto the floor,. Of course That probably isnt an issue with fish such as goldfish, bettas, and gourami's . But more nervouse fish will surely injure themselves "minnows" as in the broad range of species that represents . Certain catfish, hatchets etc etc etc blah blah blah I'm rambling again you get the point.
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious - what are you planning on doing with the cd's in your tank?
Glitch
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.06(Wed)17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was thinking two things. Just having a mirror or tieing stuff that floats to it and burying the CD under my sand. I'm sure I could think of other things too, but I only have a couple of junk disk right now.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: