Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Crayfish in the gallery?
 Forum Index > Site Issues  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destany
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.04.04(Mon)7:56    Post subject: Crayfish in the gallery? Reply with quote

I think it would be a good addition anyway, a lot of folks have been asking about crayfishes lately. I just got one too! My husbands little brother got it out of the creek to put in his 30g... Just wish he'd hurry up and get the dang tank here so I can have my 10g back. Don't worry, he's only six inches right now so the tanks plenty big for the moment and he's the only thing in it right now.
Scared the crap out of me yesterday though when I went in and saw two of them in there. Took me a second to realize he'd molted.
Hey, I can supply a pic to the gallery even, better than this one too!

nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.04(Mon)22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crayfish seems to be a very common question. I wouldn't blame people(except maybe prod them to do research on them Smile-lots of good sites) for asking about them-I remember the first time I observed and caught these in the wild. Pretty funny as I mused it would be cool if their was a freshwater lobster and nature created one for me Razz

However-their are many many species of crayfish-and they are very difficult to ID. The most common in bait stores, ditches, and the pet trade seems to be the Red Swamp crayfish(the famous Louisiana lobster). However, since crayfish grow to so many different sizes and inhabit lots of different habitats it would be hard to make a blanket statement on them.
SherryNE
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.04.05(Tue)9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send your pic to Marcos and a submission for the gallery. He may put it up...I don't see why not.
 Forum Index > Site Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: