Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
FAQ: SNAIL Infestation! Why? What should I do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkdog
Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.23(Wed)3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you deside to take the clown loach as a option. Then be very very carful you don't get white spot with them.
As the they are prone to it. Not sure if its been said but the best place to start to remove ya snails is the filter as this is were they like to lay the eggs. and the eggs look a mini string of frog spawn.

Best of luck
Parrot*Fish*Lover
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.03.29(Tue)9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a Perfect Fish that will take care of your Snail Problem. Buy a PUFFER Fish. They Gobble them up like skittles!!! Trust me they ate half of my Stock and Spit the shell out!LOL. People feed Puffers snails as fish food. So if you want em gone get a Puffer!
Hope it helps some! Wink
lindak
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)9:28    Post subject: Re: FAQ: SNAIL Infestation! Why? What should I do? Reply with quote

honeypoo wrote:
I bought a plant that had a snail and now I have a million (so it seems). There was recently a post about snail problems. I tried the lettuce. Sad I have tried removing them as they show up, but I can't keep up!! There was another post about different fish that eat snails - can anyone help with the names of those fish.

The same thing happened to me and it drives you nuts! We tried the lettuce thing and it works OK. The thing I do to keep them under "control" is crush them when I see them. I know this is icky for a lot of people, but when they were really bad I did some research on a bunch of sites and this was one way someone handled it. It does work, not eradicate them, but keep them under control.
Also the fish like to eat them after I crush them. Esp. the black neons and the silver tip tetras. They're always waiting for them!! At first I kept my eyes closed when I did it, but in a twisted way you feel vindicated because there's just so many of them. And my fish are growing!
lindak
New Members

PostPosted: 2005.04.03(Sun)9:44    Post subject: Re: FAQ: SNAIL Infestation! Why? What should I do? Reply with quote

honeypoo wrote:
I bought a plant that had a snail and now I have a million (so it seems). There was recently a post about snail problems. I tried the lettuce. Sad I have tried removing them as they show up, but I can't keep up!! There was another post about different fish that eat snails - can anyone help with the names of those fish.

The same thing happened to me and it drives you nuts! We tried the lettuce thing and it works OK. The thing I do to keep them under "control" is crush them when I see them. I know this is icky for a lot of people, but when they were really bad I did some research on a bunch of sites and this was one way someone handled it. It does work, not eradicate them, but keep them under control.
Also the fish like to eat them after I crush them. Esp. the black neons and the silver tip tetras. They're always waiting for them!! At first I kept my eyes closed when I did it, but in a twisted way you feel vindicated because there's just so many of them. And my fish are growing!
 Forum Index > Fishes and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Jump to: