Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
[Draft] Keeping Predatory Catfishes
 Forum Index > Article Preparation Room  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syno
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.22(Tue)14:47    Post subject: [Draft] Keeping Predatory Catfishes Reply with quote

Hi, everyone.

As you'll probably know by now I'm a huge fan of keeping catfish and I love them to bits. I've been meaning to do an article on catfish for sometime now. As you may be aware there is plenty of info on Corydoras on the internet, and a few books and guides on them too, so I thought I would focus on another area. Now I'm sure many people who are regulars on this board know that novice keepers often buy predatory catfish like Pimpictus and put them in their tank with small tetras, only to have the Pictus eat their Tetras. Which gave me an idea, that it was a good idea to provide some info on keeping predatory catfish like Pims.

So here is a draft of my article, I hope it's okay. Feel free to make any suggestions etc. Cheers! Very Happy

Oh No! My Pictus Has Eaten My Neons!

Introduction
It
number6
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.22(Tue)15:59    Post subject: Re: [Draft] Keeping Predatory Catfishes Reply with quote

I like it!
A few changes I would make,

It
Discus Man is gone... I remain... #6... I am not a number I am a free man!
Syno
Regulars

PostPosted: 2005.03.22(Tue)17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Discus Man. Smile

Those amendments should be pretty easy to make. I'm glad you picked out the last point, because I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

I'll do some work on re-wording and editing those points, but I may wait and see what other feedback comes from others.

Thanks again. Very Happy
nonamethefish
Moderators

PostPosted: 2005.03.22(Tue)18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note that channel catfish(sci name escapes me as of now)are also sold quite often. Needless to say, both for size and habits fits the scope of your article nicely.
 Forum Index > Article Preparation Room All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: