Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site

This repository is for research only. New discussions take place in our current Tropical Fish Forum.

Archivarium 2004
Repository of our 2003/2004 Topics

HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Bummer
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K  Search Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
none
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.11(Fri)19:00    Post subject: Bummer Reply with quote

I got this off of a google search for -Goldfish types-
Quote:
The Comet is an omnivourus goldfish species.It is very docile and is often fed vegetable/growth/coulor mixtures.Comets can grow to be up to 30 inches long!The Comet is very daring and active, so it must be at least be kept in a 10 gallon aquarium.Comets can live up to 37 years!It's colors are orange, sarasa(red on white), black on orange, and red cap.Comets have a slim, long body and an exeptionally long, forked tail fin.

10 gal? na, don't think so

Then I read that the common goldfish (which I got at the pet store $1.00 per dozen to establish my tank) gets to be 40" long. That probobly won't go over too well considering my tank is about 22" long. Kind of bummed, I wanted to keep these fish.

They're about 2.5" long now, I'm wondering how long before they hit say 4", any expert opinions on this?
TIA,
Pat
none
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.12(Sat)20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, let me explain what's been happening with this cycle if you don't mind.
I started out about 3 weeks ago with a brand new tank and new water. I went and out bought 13 baby Common Goldfish (bout 1.5 - 2.5") to cycle the tank with, it's also what was recommended by the Petstore person. Well about 3 of the fish were Darker colored goldfish, coincidentally, those three were the first to show signs of weekness (must be something in the genetics). Well so far two of those three have died. I noticed today that the third was slowing down and hiding in the back of the tank, so I pulled him out of the tank and put him in a bowl with Amquel 1 treated tapwater, hoping he'll revive. Do you think this will fix him up?
I only plan to keep him in there untill the Nitrites (which are peaked right now) go down to -0-
I appreciatte your input on this. I know it's only one little fish, but I still don't want the little guy to die.
Also, the current phase of my cycle is: NO ammonia trace, VERY high Nitrite, VERY cloudy water and -0- Nitrate.
none
Members

PostPosted: 2005.02.19(Sat)19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't make it.
 Forum Index > Goldfish, K All times are GMT - 6 Hours Search Board
Jump to: