Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Pressurized CO2 System Component Prices
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Cyradia
Benefactors

PostPosted: 2003.03.05(Wed)6:45    Post subject: Pressurized CO2 System Component Prices Reply with quote

As promised to Steve, here are my costs:

1. 5lb CO2 Cylinder - 70.00 (Total price with tax was 74.90 and the gas came free with your initial cylinder deposit. It was purchased locally from a company called Machine & Welding Supply, and they were the only place I found in my yellow pages that sold them. I believe when I need new gas they'll just swap cylinders with me and not fill-up on site.)

2. Regulator - 44.00 (The shipping was pretty high on this and I had to pay tax. The total was about 55.00. I used the link that Steve posted in the DIY forum and purchased that regulator. I think there are cheaper ones around, but since I didn't know anything about them I thought it safter to buy one recommended by a fellow hobbyist. I should mention that at the welding store they were selling a regulator like mine for $69.)

3. Needle Gauge - 26.99 (Purchased from Dr. Fosters and Smith, online. Three and four were bought together, so half of their S&H would bring this price to 31.50.)

4. CO2 Resistant Tubing - 14.99 (Purchased from Dr. Fosters and Smith, online. This was kind of neat, because it also came with some fittings to secure the tubing and a foot of silicon tubing to go from the valve to the regulator and a nice set of directions. Three and four were bought together, so half of their S&H would bring this price to 19.50.)

This ignores the cost of a reactor, as I think for right now I'll just pipe it into my aquamaster filter. Might come up with something a bit more efficient, but I don't want to sacrifice the aesthetics of the tank.

Base price of the pieces was: $156 (right on target!)

Total Price for the above pieces, plus all the hidden costs (which can get big when shipping things), was:

$180.90

Now, all of that said, I haven't put it all together yet. That will probably be a Thursday night project. I'm hoping I won't need any more pieces.
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: