Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Planted discus tank
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Trill the man
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.02.27(Thu)9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about bright light and fish. Most fish who 'don't like' bright light need a lot of plants, right? Weeelllll, what do plants need Confused ? Bright light Exclamation The fish who dislike bright light use the plants as cover. The light can be bright to grow plants, as long as the fish can use the plants as cover. Smile
ANYways, I love your tank, I think you made a really nice job, well done Very Happy .
Rainy
Members

PostPosted: 2003.02.27(Thu)16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and I forgot to ask... How's the weather there in ICELAND? Very Happy (Please, oh Board Moderators, don't pound me for writing OT!) Mon dieu, that's far away from Seattle! Smile Addressing all, isn't it *amazing* the diversity in locations we've got here on the board? We've people from the US, Brazil, Iceland, England... and that's to name a few!
Jay
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.02.27(Thu)20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tank, its one of the best I've seen posted here ever! Very Happy Your plants seem very healthy as do you disucs. What kind of lighting and CO2 are your running?

Is that a Red Tiger Lotus you have in the left corner? It has nice color. I wouldn't suggest breaking up the red plants that you have it creates a nice focal point. Perhaps adding in some taller plants of different color will set of the background more.

Good job please post some more pics of your Golden Sunset Discus it looks amazing@!!! Shocked
shortstuff6400
Members

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I love your discus soo much they are awesome!!!! Shocked
Tommi
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.02.28(Fri)4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2x36w fluorecent. I use DIY Co2 and tropica mastergrow fertilizer. There is no UGF heater in the gravel and no peat. The plant in the left corner is Nymphaea lotus (zenkeri). I have been trying to get some tall red plants in the background, but thats not very easy because there is only one small petshop in my town. Next petshop is on the other side of the island.

The weather here in Iceland is unusually warm. It was cold in january but february has been warm. The snow is melting and I can't even go skiing Sad .
Jfwstarrider
Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.02(Sun)10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is all I can think of. I'm with Rainy. I could loose track of time sitting in front of your tank. It's beautiful.
shuhsien

PostPosted: 2003.03.18(Tue)11:19    Post subject: how do u clean a tank like that?? Reply with quote

The plants in your tank are just soo beautiful, but how do u clean the gravel with all those plant in there? Or how do u clean the tank in general?
Tommi
New Members

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I don't clean the gravel very often, and I do about 15% water changes every week.
shuhsien

PostPosted: 2003.03.19(Wed)14:02    Post subject: so how do you clean the poop? Reply with quote

where does all the waste products of the fish go? does it help fertilize the plants? I want to heavily plant my tank, but I'm just not too sure how to clean it. it is lightly planted and I move the plants soemtimes to vacume up the dirty from the bottom.
jhny
Regulars

PostPosted: 2003.04.11(Fri)16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing tank! I just LOVE your discus, I agree with someone that said that this is a tank to stare at for HOURS.
 Forum Index > The Best of the Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: