Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
FAQ: Bettas in Community Tanks...Yes or No?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
tomsopinion
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.06.05(Fri)22:15    Post subject: care required Reply with quote

be carefull with bettas in comunity tanks. barbs and cichlids may fin nip, and fish with long fins the betta might confuse with male bettas. (AKA he will attack them)
dadan
New Members

PostPosted: 2009.11.02(Mon)4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I had a betta live in a community tank for about a year and a half, but when we moved tanks he died in like 2 months.

katienaha
Regulars

PostPosted: 2009.12.19(Sat)21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a male betta in a big bowl with local river rocks, and taller-than-the-bowl vase in the middle with bamboo in it. He lived for 2 good years in that bowl, and when I got a tank, I figured he'd be happier in there! Well... the barbs nipped him, then left him alone. He started to grow fins back after I floated some plants and he had more places to hide, but they found him again, and nipped him to death. Oops. Sad
Anime_forever_303
Members

PostPosted: 2010.01.19(Tue)22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bettas in community tanks are great but be careful make sure to put community fish in there like most tetras and loches or other community fish or if its a female betta put more females in with it lol we have a community of female bettas it fun to watch them lol but anyways bettas are great addtion to any community tank but just watch them to make sure their not the bullies
FishWhisper
New Members

PostPosted: 2010.05.06(Thu)5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a betta but when I saw my cousin's betta, who she was looking after for her auntie in Turkey, I felt so sorry for it. The bowl was only about 2-3 litres and all it had in there was blue and orange gravel. No heater or filter. Sad I don't really know much about these fish but if you ask me you shoud get a tank, about 5 gallon min.

10 gallon tank = molly mum and 24 short adult fry.

Please go to http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=57576
Matthew Hoffman
Regulars

PostPosted: 2010.11.01(Mon)7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a very nice crown-tail in a community tank until my guppies gave birth and he ate himself to death on guppy fry.
Blue Dragon
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.08(Thu)20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

FishWhisper wrote:
I've never had a betta but when I saw my cousin's betta, who she was looking after for her auntie in Turkey, I felt so sorry for it. The bowl was only about 2-3 litres and all it had in there was blue and orange gravel. No heater or filter. Sad I don't really know much about these fish but if you ask me you shoud get a tank, about 5 gallon min.

I'm no expert but I know Turkey can be quite hot and most houses don't even need central heating. Also 3 liters is almost a gallon and some people have said in previous pages that a gallon would be enough. I hope this makes you feel Betta (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun)
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Jump to: