Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Angelfish falls to bottom of tank
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
andreboy1
New Members

PostPosted: 2015.08.10(Mon)18:00    Post subject: Angelfish falls to bottom of tank Reply with quote

I have a 55 gallon, planted, cylcled tank (4 years) with a pH of 6.5

Yesterday I fed my fish and everything was fine. My angelfish was eating like a pig as usual.

About twenty minutes later I come back to turn the light off and I notice her just drop like log to the bottom of the tank. She tried to fight her way back up to the top but just fell back to the bottom. She has been doing this fou about 18 hours now and is currently sitting at the bottom of the tank.

Any ideas on if there is anything to be done? What the problem is? It's just that this happened so suddenly after she ate and was doing fine.

She's only five years old and I do weekly 20% water changes. I've had this occasionally happen to other fish thoughout the years (not this tank) but it just feels worse when it's a bigger fish that recognizes me.

Thanks
andreboy1
New Members

PostPosted: 2015.08.12(Wed)20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody?????
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: