Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
What fish are safe with Black Widows?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
kezzie
Members

PostPosted: 2013.09.26(Thu)9:11    Post subject: What fish are safe with Black Widows? Reply with quote

I've rescued a fish tank from my work place. The work place was closing down and the fish were being left behind to die in the tank Mad

I used to keep fish and I know the basics but haven't had any for a while.

The tank is 36'' long, 12'' deep and 15'' high (28 US gallons/23 UK gallons). It has a Fluval 3 plus filter, gravel base, rocks and a few live plants.

The fish I've inherited with the tank are 5 Black Widow Tetras and 3 Harlequin Rasboras. I know 3 rasboras isn't enough so I plan to add to this group. I also gather Black Widows are a bit nippy. So far they seem pretty peaceful - they ocassionally chase each other but are not really troubling the rasboras.

Can I add more fish to this tank and if so any suggestions on what would be safe with the potentially nippy Black Widows?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: