Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Mothballing Old Equipment
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ZacAdam
Regulars

PostPosted: 2013.06.26(Wed)12:36    Post subject: Mothballing Old Equipment Reply with quote

Hey guys!

From the way things stand now, it seems like the way things are going, there'll be a large gap between when I move from my current location, and when I'll be in another location where setting up the 55 again would be advisable.

Since that's the case, I need to strip the system down and store it. While I can handle the physical mechanics of breaking down the stand and the equipment so that it fits into the tank itself, I'm not really sure about what to do with the rest.

The fish and live plants are pretty straight forward - I've already got homes lined up for all of them - but when it comes to the substrate, the filters, the CO2 system (hoboy, was that a nightmare), and so on, I'm not really sure how to prepare to store things for a year or more.

Further, is there anything NOT worth saving?
CSnyder00
Regulars

PostPosted: 2013.07.07(Sun)6:59    Post subject: Storing Reply with quote

I didn't have mine down for quite as long, but the substrate is really the only thing to worry about. RINSE THE SUBSTRATE AND DRY IT BEFORE STORING. I kept mine in empty plastic coffee bins. Keep a lid on it once it is dry. Keep a lid on the tank as best as possible to help prevent the sealant from getting eaten by pests is also a tip.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: