Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
millenium 2000 issue
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
ctp010
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.12.12(Wed)21:46    Post subject: millenium 2000 issue Reply with quote

Did a gravel vac on the 20g goldie tank and the filter wouldn't get suction. Pulled it apart, the impeller would spin and stop, pulled it, cleaned it and problem continued until it just sat idle humming away. It's 8 yr old, never had an issue. Luckily I had an Aquaclear 150 laying around, but no "filter media, just carbon. I set it up to move the water. Any ideas on the 2000 or is it shot?
I plan on getting filter media for 150 tomorrow, not sure if I want to trust it or just keep it as a back up.
Any thoughts?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.12.13(Thu)14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cram the used media in the replacement filter.
ctp010
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.12.13(Thu)21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't fit, bought a media pad at LPS. I took a close look last night after everything was under contol with the tank, kids in bed and discovered it is a small Wal-Mart brand Regent filter (that was in an Aquaclear 150 box) like I said was freebie w/tank and stand off craigslist a few years ago. Maybe a 5-10g, water still cloudy. Short term it'll be OK, I am taking the 2000 to my old trusted LFS about 20 miles away this weekend to have them look at it. The damn thing puzzling me is I had another HOB filter with the 30g and I removed it when I made it a planted tank and have no idea where I put it. Being they stoped making 2000's what's another good HOB filter that's easy for a 20g goldie tank? Seriously, all I have ever used are 2000's and 3000's plus powerheads.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: