Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Some sharing regarding my corys
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
keithkyli
Members

PostPosted: 2012.12.02(Sun)1:10    Post subject: Some sharing regarding my corys Reply with quote

I recently discovered my 2.5-year-old male peppered cory has grown his barbels into Y-shape. All four long barbels are Y-shaped, where the ends are neatly and evenly bifurcated. I have never heard of that before. The fish seems happy and healthy in all aspects. The older females are not like that. The male also has a slight golden tint, especially when he is frantically chasing females. Wink

One of the females has a wound caused by abrasion or angelfish attack or both. The left pectoral girdle is damaged and the fin there has its joint dislodged and only the main fin spine remains (mid-May 2012). There was a dull-yellow tumor-like growth at the wound, which was expelled one day when I was away (Aug/Sept 2012). Now the fish is healthy and active except for the damaged fin and more frequent surfacing, perhaps her gills are damaged to some extent. She can stay at the bottom for several hours when activity level is low.

It's hard to take photos so I've got only words. Razz
CSnyder00
Regulars

PostPosted: 2013.07.07(Sun)6:49    Post subject: Cories Reply with quote

I have always loved cories. I have seen mine regrow fins to some extent. I have had to shuffle them around a bit recently because they were getting beat up. I am hoping they do well with my Albino Bristlenoses. This will allow them to forage in peace.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: