Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
How do I feed my frog and catfish??!
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MilitaryBrat
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.04.04(Wed)18:30    Post subject: How do I feed my frog and catfish??! Reply with quote

I got my first aquarium the other day and just added fish to it yesterday.I got a bumble bee(I'm pretty sure it was that one) catfish, an african dearf frog, 3 black skirt tetras and 2 dalmation mollies.Well the pet store didn't tell me that the frog and catfish stay at the bottom of the tank and that they eat bloodworms and stuff like that.I've tried to push the bloodworms to the bottom of the tank but the fish eat it before it gets there so how do I feed them?I'm pretty sure the catfish has ate a little bit but I don't think the frog has ate anything.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.04.05(Thu)2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have several problems here.
Firstly the aquarium is not ready for fish. Before the tank can support fish it needs to develop the bacteria that process the fish's wastes in the filter - this process is known as cycling and putting fish in an uncycled tank is one of the commonest causes of pet fish death.
Please read up on the nitrogen cycle and cycling in the articles section <-
Secondly - you have a poor mix of fish and the frog has no chance with a predatory catfish sharing it's space. Tetras should be in larger groups and tetras and mollies need different conditions to thrive.

What size is your tank? There are ways of supporting fish through th cycle but it is hard work and pointless if the tank is too small to keep them anyway. If less than a 20 gallon long please return them all if you can -try & get store credit for later.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: