Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Added some amano shrimp
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
skokie
Members

PostPosted: 2012.03.16(Fri)12:20    Post subject: Added some amano shrimp Reply with quote

Its been a while since I posted here but I have a tank update.
I still have 10 cories in the 29g with a octocinclus (think that is right Smile . 4 pandas, 3 sterbai, and 3 Venezuela reds. I noticed some algae and was talking to one of the guys at the local fish store. He advised some amano shrimps. So I picked up 6 of the little guys. So far so good. They are loving that drift wood. Need to pick up some zucchini for them though.

The java ferns are doing OK as well. They are starting to take off and get bigger. Not sure if I want to add any top water fish since the tank it pretty full as it is.

Have a good one..
deborah_claro
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.06.29(Fri)7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a tank with 10 Corydoras there will be substantial waste, which means there is more micro-food growing on your surfaces than you know of. Instead of adding fresh food to the tank, it would be better for the shrimps if you added some feathery plants for them to comb through. For example, a ball of Java moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri) would be a good addition for the shrimps and still allow the Otocinclus access to any films or algae that are growing.

About twice a week, break some very tiny chips off the end of a typical veggie wafer (the kind that plecos eat) and sprinkle those in the tank for the shrimps. There will be less food mess.
Very Happy
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: