Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
125 G stocking question
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jsuereth
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.03.19(Mon)17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah..... kind of like a Hamburg mattenfilter.... but inverted. I honestly don't mind using a pond sponge filter in the event of issues, since I'm getting better at hiding them, and I can fit one in the budget. I'd be nervous using a filter I'm uncomfortable with on top of the plant experiment. I think I'll just keep a pond sponge fiilter cycled for backup.

I'll have to remember that kind (pot plant) of filter. Sounds pretty simple and easy to use. What amount of filtration can you get? Maybe I'll try it out in my quarantine 10G. I have to start that cycling soon so it's ready in a few months.
jsuereth
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.03.23(Fri)14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my first package of plants arrived, so I'm dry-starting now. I'll let you know in a few months if the nitrites/ammonia drop to 0 and remain stable. Pulled out the 10G and cleaning it up so I can make it the quarantine tank.

I'll let you know how the experiment turns out.
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: