Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
stocking for a 410 litre freshwater aquarium?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics  Reply to topic   Post new topic
xxneo-geishaxx
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.26(Sun)0:24    Post subject: stocking for a 410 litre freshwater aquarium? Reply with quote

Hey I'm a relatively novice fish keeper I've had my betta fish for about 2 years now in his 30 litre tank, and I've had my 8 checkered barbs which have now multiplied to about 25 for about 6 or 7 months in their 70 litre tank. I am planning on getting a 410 litre tank for my barbs I have about 10-ish adults which are mostly 2 inches some slightly bigger the rest are babies which I'm planning on giving to my lfs anyhow I was wondering what fish I could put in with my barbs in a 410 litre 5ft tank sorry its soo long any help appreciated thanks ^_^
yosef
Members

PostPosted: 2012.03.30(Fri)3:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
any type of small tetra,for example black tetra are a very nice and easy fish to keep,or neon/cardinal are very good if you like smaller fish(they are very beautiful in large schools) .Also because of size of the tank you could get angel fish and they won't be territorial.It really all depends on what you want out of you're tank.
Don't forget to post pics
Good luck.
Osprey
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.04.17(Tue)17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of barbs are they? There are a few different species that grow to that length.
Danikins
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.04.17(Tue)21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harlequin rasboras are always an awesome choice for schooling. You should also get a school of loaches or cories... in a 5 ft tank they're have lots of room to swim! Smile
 Forum Index > Freshwater Basics All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: