Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Hello from NC, USA, I'm new to site.
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jacki.r3
Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.14(Tue)21:05    Post subject: Hello from NC, USA, I'm new to site. Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi everybody, I'm jacki and I'm new to this site. My roommate left me with a 10 gallon aquarium and 3 Oscar fish. Said they are no trouble just feed them they take care of themselves. I quickly learned that you can't have 3 Oscars in a 10 gallon tank and so begins my fishkeeping history. I Got a 55 gallon tank and slowly got a new home for 1 fish. Then I found out that I have ammonia coming out of tap and it killed 7 fish overnight. So I really started to find out how to do these poor fish justice. Today I have I male Betta in his own 1 1/2 gal tank with filter and airstone. He's happy and healthy. I just cycled a 10 gallon with a 30-60 gall HOB filter and added 2 Fancy Guppies. I plan to add 4 more in next few weeks as tank allows to keep everyone happy and healthy. I am now cycling a 20 gallon tank with a Whisper 30-60 filter with bio filters and spponges for BB. I am useing Stability and flake food for an ammonia source. I test dauly and looks like the cycling is going well. I recntly rehomes my last Oscar and she is happy healthy and growing. I'm trying to get rid of 55 gallon set up as with my ammonia problem, it is too much work for this disabled retired cop to handle. I have been learning a lot about how to care for these neat little creatures and want what is best for them. Please be patient as I may have some questions along the way. Looking foward to meeting others who share this passion.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.02.15(Wed)3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Smile

Sounds like you are off to a great start, definitely doing things well!

Quote:
I quickly learned that you can't have 3 Oscars in a 10 gallon tank and so begins my fishkeeping history.

Laughing you'll fit in well here.
jacki.r3
Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.15(Wed)6:41    Post subject: hello from North Carolina,USA,I'm new to site Reply with quote

Trying to learn this site. Do I have to type in subject any time I want to post a reply in a thread? Where can I look to find out more about navigating the forum?
Thanks for the welcome. Question
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.02.15(Wed)6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you only need to type a subject when you start a new topic. Don't worry if it is just a reply - you can just leave it blank.

As you get more familiar with it it will get a lot easier, and people will point you in the right direction. Have a read of the 'notices's and 'sticky's in the "introduction to this community" section - they will help a bit. Also just read the little description in each section if you're unsure where to post a question.
jacki.r3
Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.15(Wed)16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlameAngel, thanks for your guidence. Going to have to start a new thread under water conditions. I've looked at older threads and can't find an article or question that answers my concern. Maybe see you there.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.02.15(Wed)18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Smile
Also, you can search the forums (top right corner) for something in particular if you think it's likely it may have been posted before somewhere.
jacki.r3
Members

PostPosted: 2012.02.15(Wed)19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll look there in the future. Appreciate your guidence.j
 Forum Index > Introduction to this Community All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: