Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Eheim Jager Heater
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.02.03(Fri)10:10    Post subject: Eheim Jager Heater Reply with quote

I just picked up a bunch of Eheim Jager heaters after finally realizing that the Stealth recall did indeed include all of my heaters.

Unfortunately, rather than pay attention to the manufacturer's recommendations, I used the "4w per gallon" rule to choose my heater. I ordered (and have already received) a 300w heater for my 75g tank. The Jager 300w heater is apparently for tanks 159-264 gallons, and is 19" long! The instructions state to put it vertically. I have always placed heaters horizontally so I could hide them better and distribute the heat more evenly. I have a question in to Eheim regarding horizontal placement, but thought I'd gather opinions/experiences here.

1) Do you feel the size heater will be an issue, and I should get a smaller one?
2) Do you feel I should be able to mount it horizontally?

(If the answer to question 2 is "no," question 1 is irrelevant because a 19" heater simply will not fit vertically in a 75g tank). Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.02.04(Sat)5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heater wattage shouldn't be a problem.

Presumably the vertical position is to allow the heated water to hit the thermostat sooner in still tanks. With good circulation this won't apply.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: