Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Getting back into fish keeping...tank question!
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
fishmomma
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.10(Tue)17:12    Post subject: Getting back into fish keeping...tank question! Reply with quote

I have just stumbled upon a 55gl tank that seems to be in good shape. comes with a wood stand too. The seller says it about 10 years old and come with some filters. He want $100 for it all. Does this sound like a good deal? Is a 10 year old tank worth it or not? TIA! Very Happy
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.01.13(Fri)5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it look worth it?

Sounds silly but ten years wouldn't put me off, six months & all scratched up would.
Does it have a full cabinet or just a stand?
Does it fit in with your decor?

Only you know what else you'll need to buy.

I have one filter n use that is over 20 years old but don't count on the filters being a long term proposition.
nikelodeon79
Regulars

PostPosted: 2012.01.13(Fri)9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the tank is in good condition, sounds like a good deal to me. I wouldn't expect too much out of the filters, though... most that I've picked up used don't work.

I've sold just plain tank, top and lights for $75.00 before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger AIM Address
fishmomma
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.13(Fri)10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice! I picked it up yesterday! The stand is a very sturdy cabinet style, in great condition. The tank is in good shape too. The silicone on the inside corners has a crappy patch job on it so I'm going to take it all off and redo it. There are no visible scratches on the walls of the tank but there are some on the bottom, which I won't see anyways. none of the three filters that came with the tank are for a 55 gl. all for 30 or less Rolling Eyes
Can't wait to fix this baby up!
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: