Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
ram and kribensis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
FISHMAD
Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.06(Fri)12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rosy barbs,cherry barbs,gold barbs,neons,emperor tetras,bleeding hearts,4 loaches (yoyo and zebra),1 kribensis,1 scissortail rasbora(huge)
1 serpae tetra,3 penguin tetras,sailfin pleco,featherfin synodontis,neon dwarf rainbows,red line tetras.

Soon there will be:3 guppys,1 RAM,2 sterbai corydoras. Wink
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.01.06(Fri)12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshyd wrote:
I have rosy barbs,cherry barbs,gold barbs,neons,emperor tetras,bleeding hearts,4 loaches (yoyo and zebra),1 kribensis,1 scissortail rasbora(huge)
1 serpae tetra,3 penguin tetras,sailfin pleco,featherfin synodontis,neon dwarf rainbows,red line tetras.

Soon there will be:3 guppys,1 RAM,2 sterbai corydoras. Wink

Some of those fish are not compatible with some of the others and the stocking is poor and alreaty overstocked.
FISHMAD
Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK what fish are not compatible????? My tank isnt overstocked it actually doesn't even look full and every single fish is healthy. Exclamation
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

About half the fish will become snacks for the Syno and you have two cooler water species along with some that require higher than average tropical temps. If you have appropriate shoal sizes you have about 50 fish - 50 of the smallest on your lisy fully stocks a 55g tank.

You are used to seeing overstocked dealers tanks - the fish don't live long there and fish grow. If you think your scissortail is huge the loaches grow larger and the syno to about eight inches. Rosy barbs & gold barbs can reach 5" but 3-4" is more usual.
FISHMAD
Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

zebra loachs get to 10cm which isnt big
yoyo loaches get to 10cm aswell thats not that big
I admit my syno will get big but I know somebody who is willing to take him when he is bigger. Smile

My dealers tanks arent overtocked.

And what fish prefer cooler temps?? my tank is at 26 degrees to 27 degrees
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoyo loaches get to 16cm.
Rosy barbs & gold barbs both prefer lower temperature - 20 - 24C.

I'm looking at a 400 litre tank with seven fish & it looks full. The largest fish is smaller than an adult Eupterus and the rest are the size of your barbs as adults.
FISHMAD
Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

my rosy and gold barbs have been thriving in the tank at 26 degrees for a year and are the most active.So say what you want to say about my tank you arent even looking at it so how would you know ?I only asked about a ram and kribensis.On this website it says yoyos get to 10cm. Wink

My 200l is set up a month and a half,nearly 2 months and I havent had 1 fish dye or oe fish get sick.Thanks for your help everybody!!! Very Happy
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2012.01.07(Sat)15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoyos were believed to only grow to 10cm but many grow beyond that.

Your fish are not full grown yet and fish can live in less than ideal conditions but for how long.
I recently lost the family "pet" fish and we feel he died young at 11 years of age. To many people that is extreme old age.
You asked about a Ram & a Krib - they need similar conditions & if not breeding & with enough space they can live together. How long your tank will keep going? Who knows? - but I doubt many of those fish will live long lives.
FISHMAD
Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.08(Sun)5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they get bigger I can upgrade my tank.They won't grow to full size until at least 2-3 years so why worry?? Cool

I may be setting up a large cichlid tank,I can put the syno in there and the yoyos are only about 5cm now and same with the zebra loaches so why should I worry about that??

Not ONE of my fish are unhealthy an they all eat when I feed them when the fish get too big I can give them back to the LFS or get a bigger tank.

None of my fish exceed 6-7cm at the minute except for my syno who is about 8-9cm.
So I will let you know if my tank epic fails and every fish dies.

My 60 litre was going for 4 years with barely any dead fish and all were healthy and I admit I made some mistakes there but I'm only 4-5 years in the hobby
BigShrimp
Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.11(Wed)8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it Joshyd .
You don't learn if you don't give it a go .
Just keep up with the water changes . Wink

I'm sure diademhill will get tired of looking at his empty 400ltr soon enough . Rolling Eyes
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: