Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Tropheus Advice
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
sph2
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.31(Sat)15:05    Post subject: Tropheus Advice Reply with quote

I have a 200 gallon aquarium, & I LOVE Tropheus fish! I am thinking about buying 10 of each of the following! Morii "kambwimba" a.k.a. Red Rainbow, Tropheus Duboisi Maswa "Halembe", Tropheus Brichardi Ulwile "Fire Fry" and Tropheus sp. Black bemba. Do you think a 200 gallon tank with lots of rocks & caves will suffice? I have heard & read so much about aggression & being territorial, but at the same time I have heard positve things if my tank is properly decorated with rocks. Thanks in advance for your time, comments, & suggestions.
[/b]
Sarel
New Members

PostPosted: 2012.01.22(Sun)10:23    Post subject: Tropheus Reply with quote

The thing is the ratio of the tropheus its usaully 1:10 meaning one male for every 10 females.Its difficult to sex tropheus if you aren't experienced,the best thing to do is to make lots of caves like you said and you need to place all your tropheus in your tank together.Because you can't add if there is already in your tank they will be very agressive to new ones and try to kill them.My tank has all kinds of tropheus in 6 albino moori, 6 deboisy, 6 bemba and 6 ikola and there is no major agression.My tank is only 420 Liters, so like I said if you put them in your tank all at the same time you won't have a problem no matter how many males or females you have
Smile
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: