Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Friends for Angels
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
NDarmyBoy
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.12.11(Sun)4:02    Post subject: Friends for Angels Reply with quote

Hello all. I am new here, and trying to plan ahead for when I set my tank back up. It is a 55gal with BioWheel filter.

I love angelfish and plan for them to be the main draw of the tank. The last time I had it set up, I had tetras, molly's, and a couple other different species in there. They all got along fairly well, but I could never keep my tetra's around long enough to start spawning.

I would like to design my tank around the angels, right down to type of gravel/sand and live plants in there. I welcome any suggestions to maximize my efforts and what species will work with my Angels the best since fin-biters don't do well with them.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.12.11(Sun)9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before choosing what fish to keep please find out what the water from your taps is like.

If you live in a hard water area it is much easier to keep fish that are naturally adapted to this.

What tetras did you keep before? Some small tetras can live over 10 years.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: