Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
New Spotted Synadontis Catfish Added!
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
B Phishin
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.11.15(Tue)3:08    Post subject: New Spotted Synadontis Catfish Added! Reply with quote

What's up guys?! Just bought a new synadontis valentiana (spotted african catfish) that I added to my 29 gallon tank. Wish I had a picture, but that's still in the works. Below is some data reguarding my tank. Let me know what you all think about my fish community.. I'm open to everything.. thanks..

- 29 gallon (tall) tank
- 100 and 150 Penguin Bio-Wheel Filtration System
- 1 standard heater (stays at 78 degrees F), and 1 Aqueon 100 WATT submersible heater
- 50 lbs of playsand (thoroughly rensed and cleansed)
- slabs of limestone and slate, plus artificial plants, and a couple small pieces of driftwood
- Temp = 78 - 80 degrees Farenheit
- GH - 180
- KH - 180-240
- pH - 7.5-8
- NO2 = 1, maybe 3 (workin on that)
- NO3 = 20-40

Fish Community - 3 juvenile assorted angelfish (2 Marbled, 1 Silver Zebra), 2 German Blue Rams (which have spawned twice in the month I've had them), 6 Cardinal Tetras, 1 Synadontis Valentiana (spotted african catfish), and 1 tiny juvenile Brichardi (soon to be taken back to the LPS..)

Diet - Omega One Cichlid Flakes (everyday), Kikari Bloodworms (everyother day), and live brine shrimp (about once/twice a week)
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.11.15(Tue)4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

The syno is a hybrid of hard water catfish and will outgrow the tank eating the cardinals on the way.

Take it back to the store along with the brichardi.
The rams will do better if you remove the limestone.
B Phishin
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.11.19(Sat)1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

took the brichardi back.. The synadontis is fine.. it's a whole inch long.. it should be cool with all my fish.. I'll start worrying about it next year when it gets bigger.. good thing my pH is hard for it though playa playa1
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: