Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Java Fern aint looking too good...
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
clangez
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.09.02(Fri)9:18    Post subject: Java Fern aint looking too good... Reply with quote

Hi there,

I wanted to get some low tech plants in my aquarium - so I went out and purchased some java ferns.

The leaves on the java fern are getting brown/yellow and dying off slowly which is kind of annoying as I've heard that they are undemanding plants.

When I first purchased them, I planted them into the gravel - but after doing some research, I decided to take them out of the gravel and tie them to the driftwood. That was 3 weeks ago and I was hoping for some improvement in the health of the java ferns.

I know I don't have enough lighting currently 1 wpg. I have pretty high but steady pH (8.0) and that's straight from the water systems... so I didn't want to adjust it down all the time.

My tank temp is 25 degrees celscius and I add recommended dose of liquid ferts 3 times a week.

I also have a school of 7 tetras, a couple of rainbowfish and 3 ottos in my tank. I leave the light on 10 hours per day and do a 20% bi-weekly water change in my 29 gallon tank.

Any help / suggestions on what I'm doing wrong would be great.

Thanks!
bruno arag
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.09.03(Sat)22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost certainly it can be potassium deficiency
clangez
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.09.05(Mon)18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment. Do I need to add more fertilizer for the plants then?
bruno arag
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.09.05(Mon)19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquid fertilizer of macro and micro nutrients, especially macro that has potassium.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: