Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Auratus will not grow??
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jennybug
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.08.23(Tue)9:57    Post subject: Auratus will not grow?? Reply with quote

When I first started my african cichlid tank in April 2011, I purchased a 1 inch auratus, a 1 inch red peacock, and a 2 inch livingstonii. Four months have passed and my livingstonii is about 5 inches, my red peacock is about 3 inches, and my auratus hasn't grown at all. I've since added other assorted africans, but he just hangs out with a lamprologus ocellatus, who is the same size.
Do these fish take their time growing? Or did I buy a runt?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.08.23(Tue)11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may well have purchased a runt or a pre - stunted fish.
How are you feeding these fish as a suitable diet for some could be deadly to others and occies & Haps are not a good combination.
kaybee
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.08.29(Mon)8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

To comment on the venustus, they have a greater growth rate than mbuna's such as auratus.

Agreed that keeping auratus, peacocks and venustus isn't a good idea (when thinking about the long-term consequences).

The auratus may be a runt but should grow in time (and will likely take over the tank when it does).

What are you feeding these cichlids?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: