Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Cycled tank - had to remove filter for a while... ???
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.08.05(Fri)9:26    Post subject: Cycled tank - had to remove filter for a while... ??? Reply with quote

I've got a new 55 gln. tank that has been cycling for going on three months now (well, it's cycled just sitting empty waiting ... no fish in it just gravel, a few plastic plants and decorations. It's going to be just a temporary 'home' when we break down my big tank to put in hardwood floors. I got a couple of 55 glns. to move the fish into when we have to move that big tank.

A few days ago the rubber gasket on one of the filters on my big tank started leaking... I found cracks in it. I've ordered a new one but to keep the filtration up to speed on my big tank I took the Fluval canister filter off the 'waiting' 55 gln. So, it now sits here with no filter running on it.

Will it have to completely recycle after sitting a week without a filter running? I will be moving the same canister filter back to the 55 gln. once I get the new ring for the normal filter that should be running on my big tank.

I hope that makes sense.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.08.05(Fri)9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you move a filter over with the fish you don't need one on the spare tank in advance.
Cinder
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.08.05(Fri)11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thankyou very much diademhill.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: