Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
'nother new nano...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.16(Sat)6:06    Post subject: 'nother new nano... Reply with quote

Another little nano (40 x 23 x 25 cm) I set up recently:

Still cycling with the Aquasoil so no stock yet, but I will probably end up using it to house juvenile Otocinclus in the short term & decide on a permanent resident later.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.16(Sat)6:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good mate!

What are all the plants you're using?

How many are you up to now Laughing
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.16(Sat)7:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plants currently in there are:
Utricularia graminifolia
Staurogyne sp. 'Porto Velho'
Helanthium tenellum
Ranunculus inundatus
Plagiomnium sp? mini/native
Limnobium laevigatum

Probably end up taking out half the species after it grows in, I just had all these great plants in my "storage" tank that were begging for a bit more space.

As for how many tanks...err...just 7. Or 8. Embarassed I keep telling myself at least I don't have a dedicated fishroom and the total water volume is less than some 4' and most 6' tanks.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.16(Sat)7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Are you going to keep the floating plants? (Limnobium laevigatum I think? I'm not great on plant names).

unissuh wrote:
As for how many tanks...err...just 7. Or 8. Embarassed I keep telling myself at least I don't have a dedicated fishroom and the total water volume is less than some 4' and most 6' tanks.

Laughing true! Definitely could be worse...I know someone who had 15 odd tanks set up at one stage, and the smallest was a 4'...mind you some of them were set up as displays in a shop.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.16(Sat)8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm, planning on quite dense rooted plant growth so I will probably end up removing the Amazon Frogbit (L. laevigatum) when the Aquasoil finishes cycling. It's mainly in there to act as a nitrogen sponge at the moment.

15 is bad ehh, I've been reading a series of threads about some pretty major fishrooms recently on several forums. Laughing Think easily 50+ tanks, definitely makes me feel better about the scale of my hobby.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.16(Sat)8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked wow Laughing that's all I can say. Yeah, definitely don't feel so bad now! Man, people must have some serious dough lying around to be able to do that. Got any links to these? Laughing that's crazy.

And sounds good about the plants. Did you just set this up? I.e. has the cycle only just started?
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.17(Sun)3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that comes to mind is this one...man I don't think I could keep up with a room that size.

The Aquasoil has been cycling for 3 weeks or so I think, but only put in the plants a couple of days ago. It's almost at 0 ammonia 0 nitrite but I'll let it run a bit longer before I start stocking. Surprised I haven't gotten an algae outbreak yet to be honest, it's ADA Amazonia I and I haven't planted especially heavily or put any CO2 on.
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.17(Sun)4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is insane. Swear it would be a full-time job just doing maintenance on them! Hope someone stops me before I ever get to that stage...

Oh OK well sounds good, keep us posted! Very Happy
UncleWillie
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.17(Sun)15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice setup, Uni. It's amazing that you have less the volume of water than some other tanks, but I bet it is more maintenance than a single large tank. It would be nice one day to have a dedicated fish room - and your fish room is one I'd like to see!
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.07.18(Mon)6:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maintainence ehh, I try to keep most things low tech which helps but it's definitely more than the equivalent of one large tank!

As for fish room, it's not the real thing (yet Twisted Evil), but I think I'm getting there!

Theres still a couple of empty slots, but not something for the near future. Very Happy
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: