Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
My black moor is looking odd...
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
MyBlackMoor
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.13(Wed)9:25    Post subject: My black moor is looking odd... Reply with quote

First of all hello and thank you for reading and trying to help!

Basically, I have 2 black moors, just fancy goldfish, there is a filter and everything they need. Suddenly Bono (the big one) develops this white, not spot, but, mark on it's its nose. It's NOT ick. Not only that, but the edges of its fins have these white dots on them, RIGHT on the edges. So, I took this as a sign of being fin rot. I added fin rot medicine into the tank with correct dosages and nothing has happens in the past week and usually it takes 2 days max to heal.

The water is fine, thing is, Aticus (My other black moor) Is perfectly well and there are no signs of anything on him!

It just the random white mark that has developed on Bono's nose which has concerned me!

Thanks for actually having the patience to read this essay of a post!
Help is totally appriciated!
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.07.13(Wed)10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means am I an expert, but the top two diagnosis I see on search are a fungus, or Ich.

This response was voted up on Yahoo: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090713121738AAvJ2zw

My advice, for further diagnosis, would be to submit a clear picture to this forum. If not familiar with submission, upload to photo bucket, shrink it to 800 pixels and copy the URL, click Img, paste URL, and click Img again.

From your standpoint, I ask, "Does it look perfectly circular? Do they appear to have any texture? How is your fish acting in comparison to the other?"

As for the tank, how many gallons and how large are your moors? All Goldfish are heavy water polluters. What kind of filtration do you have? Size and capacity for gallons pumped per hour?
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.13(Wed)20:03    Post subject: Re: My black moor is looking odd... Reply with quote

MyBlackMoor wrote:
Not only that, but the edges of its fins have these white dots on them, RIGHT on the edges.

What fins are they on? If they are on the pectoral fins (and surrounding area, like the gill plate), they could actually be tubercles, meaning that Bono is a male and ready to breed...

As for the spot on the nose - as mentioned above, a photo would be really useful here. From what you have said, it sounds like fungus to me, and is usually fairly simple to treat. How large is the 'spot'?
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: