Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Anaerobic Bacteria and Nitrate Filters/'De-nitrators'
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY)  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.07.02(Sat)6:08    Post subject: Anaerobic Bacteria and Nitrate Filters/'De-nitrators' Reply with quote

Has anyone here had any experience with these? I was talking to one of my managers about it today and we started coming up with a filter system (more hypothetical than anything). Just wondering if anybody has any knowledge or stories with this kind of thing. Any thoughts?

We were mostly talking about freshwater systems (from what I understand, most methods seem to revolve around a very slow flow-rate), but I'm definitely still interested in marine systems (I guess the main one would be the use of deep sand beds).

Anyway, this is more of a discussion - I don't really have any particular questions (although I'm sure I'll think of some over the next few days). Thanks Smile

Oh, and I figured this was the most suitable place to post this - considering I'm talking about both fresh and marine systems. And I know there are commercial nitrate filters available, but most seem to be DIY projects.
 Forum Index > Do It Yourself (DIY) All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: