Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Small Tanks and Filtration
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.06.26(Sun)16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egeria, cabomba, hornwort or duckweed.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.26(Sun)16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will make a special trip tomorrow. Fish still seem fine, regular behavior. Though just found out Petco did me a solid Evil or Very Mad and sold me a terrestrial plant as an aquatic. Actually found out they did that to me twice. Is the Penny Wort technically terrestrial? or supposed to be a free floater? If actually is terrestrial, It'd be 3 times.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.26(Sun)22:01    Post subject: Plant Species Reply with quote

Was looking to pick up from the Chain Store tonight some of the Cabomba Carolina (thought I spotted some in a tank today) and found instead a plant I mistook for it. This site has no information on it, but its called Myriophyllum simulan "myrio filigree". According to some of the sites, it appears to be easy to propagate and a hardy fast grower. Hopefully will be a big help in the fight against Nitrogen levels.

Still hitting the local pet store for some more nitro eaters. Thanks for advice all. Will keep posted. Still seeing normal platy, oto, pleco, swordtail, fry behaviors.
bignellm
Members

PostPosted: 2011.06.28(Tue)21:07    Post subject: Stoic 16 gal Reply with quote

Image taken today. No new deaths since last post. Had 1 more birthing though. Red Wag gave birth last night. Shocked Hit the pet store for a comprehensive analysis of my tank water and for giggles, my tap water. Tap is safe to use, no chlorine or heavy metals. Tank water showed small signs of elevation. 3ppm Ammonia and 2ppm Nitrate. Their advice, small 25-50% change of water, add more bacteria booster and come back later this week.

Fish still seem happy, active, no gulping, no listing, no flashing, and no red gills. For my touch in the fight against Nitrate/Nitrite, I added the Myriophyllum simulan "myrio filigree" (which I split up into 3-4 new plants) and can visibly tell 1 full inch of new growth on all plants in 1 day. Shocked Confused Laughing Shocked On a side note, my two Oto Cats ROCK at cleaning all the plants of algae Wink All the small leaf plants look brand spanking new...before looked like were dying. Soon as Nitrates are in order, they get an extra special gift for kicking soo much arse Wink

Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: