Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
PACING DAD
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
jcamaro
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.19(Thu)11:03    Post subject: PACING DAD Reply with quote

My Yellow Lab is holding eggs and being this is my 1st time with any of my fish having babies I am thrilled. I just want to make sure I do this right. I would like to know how long until the eggs hatch? Then how long until they use their yok sack up and I can start feeding them? I made a egg tumbler just encase I need it so I am trying to cover every angle. I have left her in the tank but removed two guys (a small JD & a Small Auratus) that where giving her troubles. The small yellow lab male is still in there and has not given her any problems so far. What do you think I should do here and can someone answer my questions? Thank You

The tank is a 55 gal (2months old)
3 cats & a sucker
male lab ( smaller then the female)
1 large angel
2 Gourami's
2 Kribensis
6 zebra Danio's
water is perfect
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.19(Thu)12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water cannot be " perfect" as those fish have different needs.
forget the babies unless you have a spare 20g long or larger tank and look at resolving the stocking problems.
jcamaro
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.19(Thu)13:33    Post subject: Pacing Dad Reply with quote

Like I said this is a new tank and for the time its been up the cycle is perfect since it was filled. I also understand about the stocking issue which I will take care of. But can you answer my questions or not?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.19(Thu)14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did answer your questions - these fry won't be rearable unless you get another tank.
You start feeding any fry once the yolk sac disappears. powdered mbuna pellets would work.

You have fish that need different water conditions and that will kill each other as they mature.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: