Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Macropodus erythropterus - or paridice fish
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species  Reply to topic   Post new topic
fishing82
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.13(Fri)15:18    Post subject: Macropodus erythropterus - or paridice fish Reply with quote

I have a pr of paridice fish it was hard to get my hands on them had to order them from japan the coloring is more a plane grey with very littel blue in the tale and the anal fin doing some reserch on breeding these to get more colore out of them I came acrost an articel about cross breeding with a betta although it said it had not been sucsesfully done but someone comented on this saying that I can be don the key to it is use female paridice fish to a male betta for the simpel reason that the eggs of the paridice fish float nateraly and the males do not pick them up like that of bettas that do so not to use female bettas they have been breed but the hatch did not servive do to human mistakes hase anyone know any more info on this and if it can be truly done it would be a new fish to the market and provide good data on cross breeding anabantoid's than you
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.14(Sat)2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fry would not be viable and why would you want to cross them?

Enough species already rather than more random mutts.

Why did you have to order a common fish from Japan?
 Forum Index > Freshwater Fish Species All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: