Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Female Betta Unable to "Deliver"
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
BettaMom
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.11(Wed)18:52    Post subject: Female Betta Unable to "Deliver" Reply with quote

I have a breeding pair of bettas. We have had one batch of fry that we lost because we were not home when they arrived. My female is again "with fry"; however, my male does not seem interested in "squeezing" her once again to release the fry. She appears bloated and her belly is now exhibiting a white area, almost like her scales are gone in that area. I cannot find any information anywhere about what is happening to my "Shannon". I don't want to lose her. "Connor" just doesn't seem interested in becoming a father again. I am coming to the experts for....HELP!! Please. Thank you.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.12(Thu)1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long have they been together and what conditioning tank & foods did you use?
BettaMom
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.12(Thu)15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. Connor and Shannon have been together for approximately 5 months. Their first batch of fry arrived in March. My tank is "safe" according to my test sticks. I use "stress zyme" when I add water to the tank and/or change the filter. The tank is a 5 gal hex. I feed them betta pellets most of the time and dried bloodworms and dried shrimp on occasion. The tank temp is between 74 and 76 degrees F. Again, thank you for your response. Have a blessed day.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.05.13(Fri)3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to separate them.
Bettas cannot be kept together in small tanks and you are lucky that they haven't killed each other as usually happens when they are in close quarters. The female is stressed.

Stop feeding dried foods as these cause constipation and don't change the filter - just rinse it in tank water.
BettaMom
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.14(Sat)17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again for your response. I will separate them today and follow your other suggestions as well. Thank you so very much. I am glad I found this site. Have a blessed day.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: