Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Sick tiger barbs!! ( as well as gold and checkered barbs)
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters  Reply to topic   Post new topic
edwarlock
Members

PostPosted: 2011.04.29(Fri)8:12    Post subject: Sick tiger barbs!! ( as well as gold and checkered barbs) Reply with quote

Hi guys, I've had my tiger barbs for over a year without any issues, I bought them when they were small, and had them in a 20 G tank. About 6 months ago I moved them to a brand new 70 G tank.

Needless to say the tank was properly cycled and all.

The fish were properly quarantined, and I haven't added any new fish in more or less 4 months.

since a month or so, I have noticed my checkered, gold and tiger barbs started to look thin, despite being well fed.

Some people told me they might be parasites, so I deparasited them with metronidazol, and later, with a product used for that purpose for dogs.

Nothing.

I have 2 peral gouramis, 8 harlequins, 4 boesemani rainbowfish as well, that seem unaffected.

I have already lost 4 gold barbs, 3 checkered barbs and 1 tiger barb. But about 4 more tiger barbs seem affected.

I thought it was fish TB but there is no bent spine, and they eat fine...

It only affects barbs... this is what they look like.

lularib
Members

PostPosted: 2011.05.02(Mon)17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they deliver white excrements? If not, it should not be Hexamita, so not necessarily vulnerable to metronidazol. I would try something as Sera Nematol.
 Forum Index > Diseases and Disasters All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: