Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Inline Heater
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
carpalstunna
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)9:05    Post subject: Inline Heater Reply with quote

Anyone have any inline heater suggestions? I recently upgraded from 2 over the back aquaclear 200 filters to a canister filter in my 55 Gal FW planted tank. I was very interested in elimating my two glass heaters and getting an inline to really declutter my tank! However, the hyrdo inline heater seems to be the only one I can find and it seems the reviews on it are mixed and realiability is an issue. Can anyone recommend another option. My other thought is to make a DIY foam/concrete background to hide my heaters ( I may do this anyway)
Thanks!
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anyone who has used a Hydor inline & recommends it. Mine failed after three weeks & the replacement after two. I exchanged for a visitherm instead.

Don't try to hide the heater behind a backdrop or foam but invest in a nice piece of bogwood to hide it unless you want to put in a corner with a weir so the filter outflow runs up past the heater.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now our hobby is in dire need of a reliable heater.

StealthPro 200+ we all know about those
Visa Therm +200 well that'd a crapshoot

Hydro is the only inline manufacter that I am aware of.

JBJ is a great product if you have the expendable $$$, also Titainum heaters are good w/ an outside controller.
carpalstunna
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya I have a legitimate piece of driftwood that kind of hides the one heater and the other is relatively covered by a thick grouping of plants, but I still know its there. plus I am running 2- 100 W visi therm right now which do a good job. But its 2 chords and 2 things to hide. I have a 300 W visitherm I bought with the intention of replacing the 2 smaller but havent opened yet because I really was hoping there was a good inline option.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.25(Fri)14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the people I know that use the Hydro NONE have spoke ill of them. It's just like with EVERYTHING else....nothing is 100%
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: