Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
ADA Mini-S - Reborn
 Forum Index > Photo Album  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.14(Mon)23:35    Post subject: ADA Mini-S - Reborn Reply with quote

Long time, no update. My ADA Mini-S has been through several iterations and rescapes, since my last post (seen here: http://www.aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=57666&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30)

This is what it looked like before I tore it down.

I didn't really like the look Ludwigia arcuata (too large leaved), so I ended up rescaping the entire aquarium again.

Oh the humanity!

I took a quick picture; forgot to take a picture before I put the equipment back in. Also, I haven't started replanting the HC yet...that is a job for another day.

Does anyone have some suggestions for other Mini-S size-suitable plants? I'm looking for something very small, and fine leaved.

Also, a quick picture of some of the RCS I have:

Zowie72
Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darkblade48, nice little tank you've got there. It did look a little swamped by the Ludwigia arcuata, but not bad. Looks great now though, do you have a closer up picture for us to see.

Afraid I can't help with the plants, I'm just getting into that myself now, believe it or not I had no idea what the plants in my tank were a month or so ago, I've identified all but one now (I think?) and have just bought some java moss and dwarf anubias for my tank. Even got some Windelov's fern for free, it wasn't for sale, but the assistant was so happy to be talking to someone about plants instead of fish he just gave it to me! Very Happy

Have to say I am very jealous of your RCS, we can't get them here in New Zealand. Sad
deborah_claro
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.26(Sat)12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Darkblade, glad to see you back among us!

Of course, your level of aquascaping is very high, but I might have a couple of tips for you.

Zowie mentioned dwarf Anubias, and I have to second that. I don't have any myself, but my good friend has a 40 gallon breeder with some of this in it, and it is doing great. There are broad-leaved and faster growing plants in the same tank, but the dwarf looks very well, with bright green, clean and rounded leaves.

Today, the same friend is picking up some subwassertang from another aquaintance. Now this is a plant I'd like to try and one which might suit you.

Look at it here:
http://www.victri.net/plants/_subwassertang.html

It's a rather primitive form, and may not need the high lighting you read about. If the mounds would stay tight, it would be nice in a small set-up.
HTH
Very Happy
Quote:
Oh the humanity!

:LOL!: Laughing
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.28(Mon)20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.29(Tue)23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I haven't posted in the last month and a half or so, but I have been taking pictures, so I'll just post them all at once.

February 21 2011

February 27 2011

March 6 2011

March 13 2011

March 20 2011

March 27 2011
Got a little bored, so changed the hardscape a bit, but still kept the general feel of the aquascape. The B. japonica was really taking over, so I ended pruning and replanting as well.

Marcos Avila
Moderators

PostPosted: 2011.03.30(Wed)5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice...I really miss how easy it was to find materials to set up nice little tanks like that in Japan Razz

But as a pathological nitpicker I look at that focal point rock and wish it could be a bit more imposing, stretching up just a few more cm in the same direction it's pointing. Even with your redoing it still feels like the rock is "succumbing" to the Blyxa. Ideally, there would be a golden proportion between the exposed part of the rock and the Blyxa-covered part.

Success with a fish/tank is measured in YEARS, not months or weeks...
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.31(Thu)8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to see if I have some larger rocks then Very Happy
coryfan
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.03.31(Thu)19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with me. The focal-point rock really makes the tank in my opinion.
blodhi74
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.04.04(Mon)18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
 Forum Index > Photo Album All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: