Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
I'm 16 now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they made non-diesel engines. It might be worth a look though since the gas mileage is almost double.

How about a motorcycle?
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a motorcycle kinda guy. I like dirtbikes but not so crazy about a harley. I found a 1982 Datsun 280 ZX Turbo. I love it. I talked to the guy and he said nothing is wrong with it but it only gets around 16 or 17 MPG... My dad isnt crazy about that but I don't really care! My dad likes a 1990's little Toyota truck with a 6 inch lift, 17 inch rims and some huge mudding tires... I really don't understand my dad... The trucks cab and hood is a solid red and the bed of the truck is a faded lighter red, ergo it looks like trash. it also had dents, no front bumper, and tape holding up the passenger side window... He said it is only worth about $1000 or so and he would like to work on it... I still like it but the Datsun (older name for the Nissan) a little bit more. What is your opinion?
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

You sound just like I did when I was your age! I had a late 70's Datsun B210 (I think that was the model). It was like a small station wagon and we used to get seven guys in it to go to NYC and see bands - The Clash, Ramones, Talking Heads, Elvis Costello... man that was a blast. Never had a problem with it but I only had it for a little while (sold it for a Kawasaki 750 LTD and fish tank money).

The kid in me says the Z. The practical adult in me says go with the pick up. Good trucks - dependable and versatile. Also much easier to work on and you could easily fit the 125 gallon fish tank in the bed (the one you could buy with the leftover cash Wink ).
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.16(Wed)20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'm the same way. I really want the Datsun for looks and its nicer in general but I am running the risk with an old engine and that kind of stuff. I like the truck because there is a greater chance the engine will be better and a lot of people in my area have lifted trucks and the bigger the better, but It doesn't look as nice. Also the truck I won't care so much if it gets a few more dents and dings and I can drive it to my cabin in northern arkansas down the gravel roads. But to me those pros are equal to the pros of the Datsun. I am really interested in older cars and I would only hope that the Datsun coulod persue my interest even further.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.17(Thu)3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the deal with insurance in your state?

Here my nephew at 18 with a full licence has a 1200cc vauxhall corsa and has to pay
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.17(Thu)17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I think I'm gonna get the truck.,
59FIFTY
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.28(Mon)18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I ended up getting a 99 isuzu rodeo. Stick shift so I had to learn how to drive that yesterday, still not great at it.
monstrosity
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.28(Mon)20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get a chopper so you can look like a stone gargoyle with your hands up in the air while you are driving. Carry groceries on the handlebars and make your friends sit on the back.

29 G
Topper
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.01(Tue)6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Good transportation - you'll like it.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.03.01(Tue)6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice.

Manual gearboxes are better to learn in, after that you can drive anything, and they are usually cheaper to run.
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: