Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Light Question
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
snakemao62
Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.28(Fri)20:45    Post subject: Light Question Reply with quote

I have a small Galaxy 6gal tank that I have had for over 7 years.I have Java Fern and Dwarf Anubias with one Platy.Just the other day the hood light assembly has met its end.I have been having with the switch getting it on and off.After a weekly water change I have not been able to get it back on and I have tried to fix it.This is an older model so hoods are not easy to find.It is a bowed tank so other hoods won't fit.I am planning getting a whole new setup after the first of the month.I have been fitting and brown algae problem but the Java Fern and Anubias have been growing well.Will being with out light for a week or two be a problem.I know they are both low light but will no light be OK.There is minimal room light.
spec v
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.28(Fri)21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've left the lights off in my 6G for about a week when I went away on holidays, I also grow ferns and anubius. Everything was fine, mostly because the ambient light in the room wasn't exactly poor. Is there anyway you could have some sort of light installed in a temporary manner? I'm thinking of a hanging shop light, or even better, another strip fluorescent fixture? Hell, even a desktop lamp with a CF bulb would be better than no light at all, especially if you plan on going without for up to 2 weeks.

Good luck! Smile

10G planted: black neons, 1 female guppy
6G planted: Java Fern farm
snakemao62
Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.28(Fri)23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got a hanging light that is near it but we don't turn it on nightly.I could turn it on for a few hours a day and hope that the normal light will help.
 Forum Index > Plants and Planted Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: