Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
inline heater/canister question
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment  Reply to topic   Post new topic
mkristo
Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.25(Tue)13:36    Post subject: inline heater/canister question Reply with quote

I just bought a new Eheim 2217 canister filter and Hydor inline heater for my new 75g. They are both larger than I anticipated. I would like them both located in the cabinet beneath my tank, but would need to bend the hose between them quite a bit to make them fit. Will this trap air in the system or would the air be forced out when the filter is primed? I would have to move the tank further from the wall if I need to locate the heater above the filter. That would also make it difficult to adjust the heater temp.

Any help would be appreciated.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.25(Tue)14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use lonmger hoses so you can have smooth curves and bring the canister out of the cupboard whilst still connected.

The hydor inline heaters have a poor reliability record.
mkristo
Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.25(Tue)15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hoses are long enough, but the only way I can keep the heater in the cabinet below the tank is for the hose to dip down below the top level of the filter. Will this trap air?

I really want an exterior heater to keep the tank as clutter free as possible. Do you know of any other inline heater brands? Or any other options to a intank heater? I can have a back up heater on hand for emergencies.
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.25(Tue)16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heater can be below the filter as the water is pumped through.

I use sumps when I don't want heaters in tanks.
 Forum Index > Chemistry and Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: