Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Your oldest fish
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Flame Angel
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.01(Tue)22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest were a couple of goldfish pushing on 13 years (mostly when I was a kid). Both got wiped out by a heatwave when I was away for the weekend Crying or Very sad
tracylloyd1
Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.02(Wed)13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest fish were:

A 12 year old golfish
A 5 year old Neon Tetra
A 7 year old upside down catfish...

Very Happy Very Happy

There doing quite well! (touch wood)
kaybee
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.02.05(Sat)17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

unissuh wrote:
I don't know how everyone can remember exactly how many years you've had your fish for...I have a horrible memory...

I have a bad memory too at times but I have a notebook to record the purchase of every fish and coral I've ever bought, as well as births for fish born in my tank.

My oldest fish is perhaps my synodontis angelicus (african polka-dotted cat fish). I purchased it as a 6" specimen back in 2005. I have many of the fish that I purchased in 2005 but they were mostly small juveniles back then; this catfish however was already a young adult (albeit for from full grown) when I got it.

The oldest fish born in my tanks are various mbuna's which were born in 2005 from mbuna's I purchased earlier that year, so they'll be six this year.
jsmorrison55
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.24(Thu)0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddly, my oldest fish is my janitor fish, that swam through and clogged my drainage, then I took care of it. lol
Darkblade48
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.02.24(Thu)14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some Clown Loaches that I have kept myself for 10 years, but gotten from another person (probably a few years old at the time).
keithkyli
Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.25(Fri)9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I (re)started fishkeeping in mid-2009, and the oldest members are two male peppered Corys, they should be 2 years old now.
tristonholl
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.02.28(Mon)3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest is a clown fish who is 12 yr.. the pair out-lived the fish store I bought them from. the male 'jumped' this year for some odd reason. perhaps they had enuff of his mate.
ant1
Members

PostPosted: 2011.03.14(Mon)15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

my peppered cory is coming into its eighth year,I lost her friend a couple of months back I kept her from 1998....I loved that fish it used to wink at me when I fed her.
mohammad.j.ideis
Members

PostPosted: 2011.08.19(Fri)23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristonholl wrote:
My oldest is a clown fish who is 12 yr.. the pair out-lived the fish store I bought them from. the male 'jumped' this year for some odd reason. perhaps they had enuff of his mate.

his mate is liike my mom nag nag nag my longest lived fish is a bueno ares tetra from when I first started so 3-4 years verry pushy and rude fish a real bad @$$ outa hell Evil or Very Mad and when I put in my hornet cichlid he tried to push her(cichlid)over and then she tried to do the cichlid lip lock thing and wham over his mouth looks like the notorious bad @$$ out hell got Rolling Eyes put into place
RaiderFan92
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.11.27(Sun)15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probaly my families oscars (which Iv been taking care of because they don't haha) the tiger is about 8 years old. The albino is maybe 3 years old? Wonderful fish
 Forum Index > Aqua Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: