Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
6 or 7 large male convicts in a 35 gallon?
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks  Reply to topic   Post new topic
karate626
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.20(Thu)18:22    Post subject: 6 or 7 large male convicts in a 35 gallon? Reply with quote

How aggressive are Convict males when there are no females? I was wondering if I could put 6 or 7 adult males in my 35 gallon long tank. I know that would be over crowded but I do weekly water changes and over filter the water. I was thinking that any fish that gets bullied could hide in the crowd. With so many fish I was thinking that any aggression would be spread throughout the fish so no one fish is overly harmed. I would put them in all at once (tank is already cycled and currently has my to turtles that I'm moving to a 100 gallon) so none of them have a territory they are trying to defend.

What do you guys think?
diademhill
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.21(Fri)3:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why overcrowd them?

They might not kill each other but they would always be stressed and stressed fish get sick.
Two or three females would be a better option and female convicts are more colourful than males. Plus once a female shows her colours she won't turn into a male - juveniles all look like males.
karate626
New Members

PostPosted: 2011.01.21(Fri)21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I chose not to do this.
 Forum Index > Cichlids and Cichlid Tanks All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: