Aquarium & Tropical Fish Site
Tropical Fish Forums
Aquarium fishkeeping around the world!

ChatChat  HelpHelp   Search BoardSearch Board   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Check your private messagesCheck your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 
Zebra Nerites
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates  Reply to topic   Post new topic
Lily
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.12(Wed)9:00    Post subject: Zebra Nerites Reply with quote

I have 2 Zebra Nerite Snails that I've had for a couple of months, one was normal and plodded along and did the thing snails usually did, however the other one has always been a bit strange, some days I'd find him lying on his back in the middle of the gravel, I used to put him up the right way and he'd plod round like the other for a while and then go upside down again. I was told by the LFS to leave him to right himself and I did and he did, but since then he's never moved from the one spot.

This morning I found the second snail on his back, I've left him for now to see how he goes on, but is this normal behaviour for snails? I've had them in the past and never really noticed this happening. And how do you tell if a snail's dead, as I said the first one hasn't moved for about 4 days now, is this normal or could he be dead? Confused
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.12(Wed)9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same ISSUE... I traded in my 2 apple snails for 3 Tigers and 1 zebra. Since then I have had 2 die (which were replaced by lfs) but had the same symptoms.
unissuh
Advisors

PostPosted: 2011.01.12(Wed)16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, when snails start falling theres something wrong. As to exactly what, I don't know, but they can be quite sensitive critters.

I think the best way to tell is to see if you can pick it up - if it's stuck to the glass it's probably alive. If it's dead when you take it out of the water, your nose will tell you, guaranteed.
DaleJr
Regulars

PostPosted: 2011.01.13(Thu)10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I found out mine was dead was when I lifted it up ....NOTHING was in it.
 Forum Index > Bottom Dwellers and Invertebrates All times are GMT - 6 Hours Reply to topic   Post new topic
Jump to: